The Philippine Stock Market investor growth has been surprising. With the use of technology, many showed the interest to invest and try stock brokering. The Philippine Stock Market has been easier to understand thanks to the different videos, online tutorials, webinars, and other resources that showcase a step-by-step guide that is suitable for beginners.
The stock market retail investors’ demographics have grown to a vast number in the last five years. In fact, annual income has not been a hindrance for a large percentage of people to start investing and taking the risk of trading on the stock market.
Nearly 40 percent of retail investors are under the age bracket of 30 to 44 years-old. These are considered the professionals or the working class in the Philippine industry. 26.4 percent of the total number of retail investors are comprised of people aged 45 to 59 years-old.
Older citizens who are 60-years-old and above still participate in the Philippine stock market trading. They comprise 19.3 percent of the retail investor population.
The most surprising of all participants are the young millennials. At the present, they make up 14.8 percent of the total number of investors. They are in the age group of 18 to 29 years, and the majority of them belongs to the working-class unit.
It seems that millennials are investing early in stocks so that they will be able to acquire their return on investments (ROI) sooner.
The Advantages of Investing Early
- Investing in stocks at an early age has its advantages simply because time is of the essence. Doing so makes it feasible to save more money, and you may reap what you sow sooner than those who started investing later in life.
- Investing in stocks at a young age will help you to improve your spending habits. You will be more disciplined, and it will also teach you valuable lessons about money.
- Buying stocks at an early age lets you get ahead of your finances. Many millennials make the mistake of not being wise enough to handle their money. In fact, some don’t even consider setting aside 10 to 20 percent of what they earn for future savings.
Every investment is risky, so make sure you fully understand the pros and cons of the trade you are choosing. To further guide you on all you need to know about the Philippine Stock Market like how to invest, trade, and read stock market movements, we can help you through our investment consultancy services.
Latest posts by Equilyst Analytics, Inc. (see all)
- Philippine Stock Exchange Wrap-up Report – January 17, 2019 - January 17, 2019
- Philippine Stock Exchange Wrap-up Report – January 16, 2019 - January 16, 2019
- Philippine Stock Exchange Wrap-up Report – January 15, 2019 - January 15, 2019