You cannot afford to skip checking the price-to-sales ratio of your stocks if you do fundamental analysis.
Although I did not show the manual calculation of price-to-sales ratio of each of the 30 bluechips in this presentation, let me show you what formula.
Price-to-Sales = (total outstanding shares x last price) / 12 trailing months of sales
You can see the values of the variables in this formula on PSE Edge’s website at edge.pse.com.ph.
By the way, I did not compare the price-to-sales of the individual stocks to the price-to-sales of the sector where they belong. I suggest that you do the stock-to-sector price-to-sales comparison if you’d like to know if the stock is undervalued relative to the price-to-sales of its sector.
To reduce the amount of time that you need to spend in your research, I’ve already calculated the price-to-sales ratio of each of the 30 index stocks. Please share this article if you find this helpful.
Subscribe So I Can Help You More
Are you new in stock trading or investing? Don’t do it alone. Get a mentor. Have Equilyst Analytics by your side.
Is your current mentor only a good speaker but not a practitioner of stock trading and investing? Find another one.
Get all 6 in 1 subscription when you choose me as your mentor.
- Trade Setups for Short-term Traders
- Investment Guide for Long-term Investors
- Mentoring in the Private Clients Forum
- Eligibility to the Referral Incentive Program
- 50% Discount in our The Evergreen Strategy in Trading the Philippine Stock Market Seminar anywhere in the Philippines
- FirstMetroSec PRO Access (2 months free)
Attend My Seminar
In my “The Evergreen Strategy in Trading the Philippine Stock Market” seminar, I will teach you:
- how to identify the best stocks to trade
- how to identify a confirmed buy-signal
- how to check if the current trend is more likely to continue
- how to identify the price range where it’s best to buy or sell
- how to know the true market sentiment
- how to sell more logically and less emotionally
Seats are limited to 20 to 30 per seminar. CLICK HERE to check if I have a seminar in your area and to buy your ticket.
- Trade-Volume Distribution Analysis (12.04.2020): DITO | BDO | BPI | MBT | SMPH | ALI | JFC | ICT | RLC | SECB - December 4, 2020
- Top 10 Brokers’ Sentiment (12.03.2020): CIP | VUL | VITA | MAB | ABA | BSC | SECB | V | MPI | BHI - December 3, 2020
- Trade-Volume Distribution Analysis (12.02.2020): BPI | BDO | DITO | ALI | MWIDE | RLC | NOW | URC | MBT | SMPH - December 2, 2020