I look at the Change % of the stock for me to determine if there’s an opportunity to make money from it.
What’s the significance of the Change % for me?
Most traders or investors, especially the relatively new ones, are quick to ignore stocks with a negative Change %.
In fact, the bigger the negative Change %, the more excited I become in wanting to check that stock. I want to check if the sellers are reaching an exhaustion level already. I want to check if there’s a diminishing appetite to sell the stock as it dives toward its support level.
“What’s up with those signs of selling exhaustions?” you might ask.
Those are signs of a reversal of sentiment from bearish to bullish.
When you have the ability to spot signs of reversals, you can get a better position earlier than most traders.
But what if the Change % is positive?
One of the myths of stock trading and investing is this: “Anything that has a positive Day Change % is profitably tradable.”
I don’t subscribe to that idea without checking if the stock still has more gas to drive not only toward the resistance level but also to break above it.
If volume is getting thinner, relative to the size of the daily volume of the previous trading days, as it inches closer to its resistance level, especially when the volume weighted average price is starting to position itself closer to the intraday low than the intraday high, that could be a sign of a weakening upward momentum.
The reward-to-risk ratio looks unattractive for me when the price is closer to its resistance than its support level and you spot a weakening upward momentum.
If you want to know the details of how I exactly do it, attend one of my The Evergreen Strategy in Trading the Philippine Stock Market seminars in your area. Click here to check the availability of this seminar in your area and to buy your ticket.
The purpose of this article is to share with you the ranking of the 30 bluechip (index) stocks based on their Change % for the past 12 months. Everything I’ve said above is just my bonus information for you.
Subscribe So I Can Help You More
Are you new in stock trading or investing? Don’t do it alone. Get a mentor. Have Equilyst Analytics by your side.
Is your current mentor only a good speaker but not a practitioner of stock trading and investing? Find another one.
Get all 5 in 1 subscription when you choose me as your mentor.
- Trade Setups for Short-term Traders
- Investment Guide for Long-term Investors
- Mentoring in the Private Clients Forum
- Eligibility to the Referral Incentive Program
- FirstMetroSec PRO Access (2 months free)
Attend My Seminar
In my “The Evergreen Strategy in Trading the Philippine Stock Market” seminar, I will teach you:
- how to identify the best stocks to trade
- how to identify a confirmed buy-signal
- how to check if the current trend is more likely to continue
- how to identify the price range where it’s best to buy or sell
- how to know the true market sentiment
- how to sell more logically and less emotionally
Seats are limited to 20 to 30 per seminar. CLICK HERE to check if I have a seminar in your area and to buy your ticket.
Latest posts by Jaycee De Guzman (see all)
- How to Bring 2 Friends for FREE in Our Davao Advanced Stock Market Seminar - July 20, 2019
- NIKL Technical Analysis: Is It Already Risky to Buy? - July 19, 2019
- WLCON Depot Technical Analysis: Buy the Dips or Not Yet? - July 19, 2019